This page contains links to other pages and sites for research, enquiries or just plain old-fashioned leisurely reading…
Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) – charity that takes action for wild birds and the environment.
- RSPCA – The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Queensland – The Official Web Site of the RSPCA Queensland in Australia, the peak animal welfare organisation in Australia.
Societies, Clubs and Associations
- “Ding” Darling Wildlife Society, The – dedicated to preserving the natural habitat of the J.N “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge.
- Avicultural Advancement Council of Canada – Canada’s only national aviculture organisation embracing all birds.
- Aviornis UK – carries out conservation of birds through captive breeding and uses a world-wide registration and ringing scheme.
- Big Bend Bird Club – activities include financial support of avian research and the acquisition of domestically-bred birds.
- Bird Society of South Florida – focuses on educating bird enthusiasts and encouraging preservation through captive breeding.
- British Ornithologists Union
- Canada Goose Conservation Society – UK organisation working for the welfare of Canada geese and the environment.
- Capitol City Bird Society – non-profit organization dedicated to the care and captive breeding of all birds.
- Companion Bird Clubs in Maryland
- Fort Worth Bird Club – specializes in the keeping and rearing of parakeets, cockatiels, finches, canaries as well as parrots.
- George M. Sutton Avian Research Center – dedicated to finding cooperative conservation solutions for birds and the natural world through science and education.
- Gothenburg Ornithological Society – purpose is to protect and investigate birdlife, spread knowledge about birds, and stimulate interest in wild birds. In Swedish and English.
- International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators (IAATE) – dedicated to promoting communication between bird trainers and educators around the world.
- International Aviculturists Society – striving to protect, preserve, and enhance the keeping and breeding of exotic birds through educational and cooperative breeding programs, the funding of avian research, and avian conservation programs. Includes information on Proventricular Dilatation Disease (PDD).
- International Goose Research Group – ongoing research and management initiatives concerning various species of geese.
- Knutsford Ornithological Society
- Maryland Ornithological Society
- Minnesota Companion Bird Association – provides a social, informational, and business network for pet owners, breeders, veterinarians, and commercial members.
- Minnesota Ornithologists’ Union – status and distribution of birds in Minnesota, state lists, annotated bibliography, and information of interest to birders and ornithologists.
- National Audobon Society
- Norman Bird Sanctuary – a 450-acre wildlife refuge near Newport, Rhode Island offering over 7 miles of hiking trails.
- North American Bluebird Society – an incorporated non-profit organization determined to increase the populations of the three species of bluebirds on the North American continent.
- NSW Field Ornithologists Club – includes unusual sightings, rare bird reports, club activities and Australian bird photo gallery.
- Santa Clara Valley Canary and Exotic Bird Club – includes information about annual show.
- Birds n Ways – Site devoted to the care and raising of pet birds and providing information to pet bird owners.
- Texas Ornithological Society – promotes the discovery and dissemination of knowledge of birds.
- Audobon – Audubon Society Bird Sanctuary offers a wide variety of nature programs.
- Tropical Bird Fanciers – club of bird lovers in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Washington Ornithological Society – information and subscription information.
- Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust – saving wetlands for wildlife and people.
- Michigan University Division of Birds – part of the Department of Zoology.
Trumpeter Swan Sites
- Hinterland Who’s Who: Trumpeter Swan – everything about this magnificent bird from the Canadian Wildlife Service.
- Tribute To Glider – a family in Crooked Creek, Minnesota befriends a Trumpeter Swan who refused to fly south for the winter.
- Trumpeter Swans of the Red Rocks Lakes National Wildlife Refuge – discussion of the birds’ natural history.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 01633 895241